With energy prices constantly on the increase we have listed what we consider to be some useful money saving tips.
2. Heat your home for an hour less each day
3. Close your curtains at night to stop heat escaping through your windows
4. Don’t overfill your kettle just put in the amount of water you actually need.
5. Fit energy saving light bulbs these use a quarter of the electricity and last about eight times longer.
6. Take showers instead of baths.
7. Try not to leave your fridge door open for too long as this allows cold air to escape and your fridge will have to work harder to keep your food cool.
8. Switch off unnecessary lights.
9. Fit a good insulating jacket to your hot water tank.
10. Fit aluminium foil behind any radiators fitted to outside walls. Ordinary kitchen foil will do or you can buy special panels from most DIY stores.
11. Draught proof windows and doors.
12. Try to use a full load in your washing machine and use a low temperature programme unless your clothes are very dirty.